Rootgrow gel is designed to treat bare rooted plants such as hedging, fruit canes, trees and shrubs. It's recommended by the RHS.
All roots need mycorrhizal fungi, which act as a secondary root system in the soil to reach nutrients. Mycorrhizal fungi can be used to boost growth in newly planted trees and hedges. Using Rootgrow speeds up the process of the fungi growth resulting in stronger plants that can establish more quickly. It's a great biological treatment.
Increased phosphorus uptake
Significantly improved drought resistance
No need for chemical fertilisers
Better and quicker establishment
Rootgrow gel is very easy to apply (instructions are on the packet):
1. Take a large bucket and fill with 4L of water.
2. Sprinkle the contents of the gel powder sachet into the water and stir well.
3. Leave for 5 minutes, add the dry rootgrow granules and stir well (the granules should be suspended evenly throughout the thick liquid).
4. Dip the plant roots into the solution ensuring even coverage.
5. Lift the plants out, allow the excess to drain back in to the bucket and plant immediately.
We sell Rootgrow gel online in 360g and 1kg sachets, although bigger sizes are available on request.
Bare Root Plant Size Treated Plants per 360g Pack Treated Plants per 1kg Pack
20/40cm 125 - 150 375 - 450
40/60 cm 90 - 120 300 - 350
60/90 cm 70 - 100 250 - 300
90/120 cm 50 - 75 150 - 250
6-8 cm girth standards 10 - 12 30 - 35
8-10 cm girth standards 7 - 10 20 - 30
10-12cm girth standards 6 - 9 20 - 30